Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Road by Cormac McCarthy

Why: my 3rd hour class chose for us to all read this together to start off second semester.

When: Start 1/11/13; End 2/4/13

Thoughts: This book is beautiful and painful and terrifying. Truly terrifying. The world of this book and me being lost in it with my child to protect is literally my nightmare.

How: I'm reading the copy I bought when I first taught this book a few years ago. It looks just like this image here, though my students' books have a still photo from the recent movie on the cover. I actually hate it when books do that. Then you're stuck with the movie maker's image of the characters in your head.

(click on the book image to get to the wikipedia entry for the book)

review haiku:

we all have a road
the trick is to stay true and
carry the fire

No comments:

Post a Comment