Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

Why: my 5th hour students chose for us to read this all together.

When: Start 1/11/13; End 2/4/13

Thoughts: I have to admit that I was surprised my students voted to read this out of the other choices. I love this book. So beautiful.

How: I'm reading the copy I've had since I taught AP English in Illinois, so it's full of my marginalia. The book mark/chapter summary card is a post card from the Grand Mesa. On the back is a sticker that says "I support smoke-free restaurants" (there was a campaign in the direction about 12 years ago in Urbana, Illinois).

(click on the book image to get to the wikipedia entry for The Great Gatsby)

review haiku:

the green light shining
stands in for all of us who
want what we can't have

No comments:

Post a Comment