Thursday, July 25, 2013

Supporting Students in a Time of Core Standards: English Language Arts Grades 9-12 by Sarah Brown Wessling

why: This is a text I need to review for the course I'll be teaching at CU this fall.

when: start and end 7/14

how: I read this in hard copy, sitting in the passenger seat on the first leg of our summer road trip (to Badlands National Park in South Dakota). I read with sticky notes in hand, making notes on each chapter and how it would fit into the syllabus for the course I'll be teaching.

thoughts: This is a helpful text for language arts teachers who may have anxiety about what the Common Core State Standards are asking of us to do differently. Great practical work here. This is one book in the series coordinated by a smart professor in Michigan. Incidentally, one of my former high school students worked with this professor on the middle school book in this series.

Click on the book image to get to information about the text.

review haiku:
common core standards
don't worry. They only ask
more of our best work

No comments:

Post a Comment