Monday, October 7, 2013

Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer

Why: Yet again my SLCC class started out the year with this book.

When: start 8/23/13, end 9/20/13

How: I read my teacher's copy of this text, filled with my notes and thoughts in the margins and on sticky notes and complete with my index card book mark where I've written one-sentence chapter summaries to help me find what I need in this book.

Thoughts: This is such a great place to start the school year. Generally I've found my students enjoy reading this book, and it gives us a lot to talk about and think about, which is cool.

Click on the book image to get to the wikipedia entry for the book.

Review Haiku:

Wild potato seeds
watch out for them when you hike
or just bring a friend.

(This makes book # 31 for 2013 for me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment