Sunday, April 14, 2013

Book manuscript of a friend's novel


why: my friend who is completing a novel has asked our book group to read her nearly completed manuscript

when: start 4/6/13, end (for the pages I have currently) 4/12/13

how: this one is printed pages of the manuscript hole punched and in a three-ring binder

thoughts: I'm excited to have the opportunity to read this manuscript, especially since for the seven years I have known the author, she has been writing it. It is set in Boulder, which is always fun since that's where I live and I know it well. It's an interesting experience to read something written by someone I know well--I can't help but hear her voice all over the story and wonder how much of it is autobiographical and who the characters are based upon from her life.

review haiku:

No comments:

Post a Comment